Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pictures of Warmth: week 2 of the Poetic Winter Photography Challenge

   I am linking up with the Poetic Winter Photography challenge at Project Alicia. It is throughout the month of February, and every week there is a one word theme. Week two's theme is....




Warmth


Psalm 91:4
He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
Now doesn't that sound like a warm inviting place to be? I'm so glad to know I can rest there!




These are a few of my shots that warm my heart ....




Christmas warms my heart
























The warmth of a fall sunrise











My son laying in his horse's hay on an unseasonably warm winter day











A warm sunny spot to sit











This kitty is feeling the warmth of the sun











The warm feeling of the candlelight service on Christmas eve...passing on the light of the world.











The warmth of a big cup of coffee






Thanks for stopping by, I wish you warm wishes!
Come back anytime :)

-Allison

8 comments:

Wendi said...

So talented!!!

Clint Baker said...

Psalm 91 is my favorite Psalm. My 95 year old grandmother has sleep with her Bible open beside he bed to Psalm 91 since she was married many years ago. God bless you and your beautiful work.

http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Psalm 91 has always been the scripture I turn to when I need a place of refuge for my heart. Your photos are beautiful and indeed reflect warmth.
To a beautiful Sunday!
~Rosann

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Hello Allison,
I love the scripture you cited in this post, Psalm 91:4. What a cozy place to be indeed. I love your images! You are such an amazing photographer. I am so grateful that you are sharing on my little blog hop. Please know you're always welcome to share anytime. Have a great night.

alicia said...

Love that quote. And your photos are all wonderful examples for warmth. I especially love the fall sunrise and your sun in the hay. Beautiful captures. Thanks so much for sharing and linking up to the Poetic Winter Challenge!

dr momi said...

Beautifully done. I enjoyed the music while I read :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a great series of shots. They really do convey warmth. I must say the kitten is my favorite.

Susie Buetow said...

LOVE the photos!