Whew! It is 10 am, and I have had a weird morning! Nothing strange has really happened, just kind of "off". Every other Tuesday I have "free" no working/no volunteering....Oh how I look forward to them :)... And today is one of those Tuesdays. Normally I try to get the kids a better than normal breakfast and I get everyone doing their school work and my oldest out the door to college (although, much to my surprise, he doesn't need much pushing or assistance to get up and out the door). Once everyone is busy, I usually try to do some cleaning and then have a moment with my laptop and cup of coffee. I check up all the news on Facebook and read emails, and then I usually go into the world of blogging. I check up on all my bloggie friends and try to post a new entry myself.
As I sit down to write, I feel like I haven't accomplished anything! I've been distracted and half doing things...what is up? Well, I forgot something....do you see it missing from my list up there? I missed spending time with the One who gives me strength. I got up a little later than I wanted to and jumped right into breakfast and swishing the kids to their places and....I forgot. But I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and patiently waits for me to pause long enough to hear him call to me. I heard him...and I'm so thankful that I didn't get any further in the day to hear him or my whole day would have felt "off".
I have been so busy lately that my time with God has been very fragmented, not completely cut off but...distracted. Have you ever tried to have a conversation with a friend on the phone and you can just tell that they are listing to a family member, or trying to do something while they are on the phone with you? It's like they're half-listening...or a child playing a video game while you are explaining the chores that they need to do...all they say is "m-hmm, OK"...you get the picture. Well, that is probably what God has been having to deal with when talking to me lately. My mind is so cluttered with trying to figure out what I should do about certain situations and trying to keep all these plates spinning that I have decided to put up on these ridiculously high balancing sticks....
But then today I heard him! He reminded me to sit at his feet for a bit. I have a friend who faithfully texts me a verse each morning ( I love her for that, thanks Tam) This morning it was Philippians 2:13 reminding me that it is God that works in me...have I been allowing him to? And then in my devotional Jesus Calling (which I highly recommend) was Isaiah 41:10 " Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" The next verses remind me that God will fight my battles,.... HE will keep my plates spinning.... but only the necessary ones, and HE will protect the fragile ones I can't seem to take my eyes off of...
Does my God know me or what?! He knew exactly what I needed to hear at the just the time I needed to hear it! Don't tell me God isn't personal or doesn't care about what we go through!
Dear friend, do you feel "off"?.....trying to keep some plates of your own spinning?....Feel weak and tired?....Do you know your Father in heaven?....Have you paused to hear Him call to you?...He knows what you need to hear right now, He loves you and is patiently waiting for you to turn your attention to Him...got a minute?
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Well, things have been busy as usual around here. I had wanted to post this weekend about the snow we had on Saturday, but it was a very crazy weekend.
We went to bed Friday night thinking we would get some flurries like the weather man said, but we got a little more than that! I absolutely LOVE fall, but when I woke up Saturday morning I was so surprised! I felt like a little kid! Everything was covered in a heavy blanket of white! ( I know I'm weird, I like snow...I'm not ready for winter yet though) Below are a few shots I took before our crazy day started....
....Oh, and I'm joining the Chats on the Farmhouse Porch again with "Everyday Ruralty". Don't forget to pull up a seat and join in the chat in the comments section. The snow is gone and today is a beautiful sunny fall day :)
Farmhouse Porch Questions:
- Alison asks: What's the biggest obstacle you've overcome or need to?
- Julia asks: If you won $100,000 what changes would you make?
- McGuffy Ann asks: What's the most unusual pet you've had?
- When do you start decorating for Christmas?
- What's your favorite type of magazine to read?
1. Learning to trust in God's plan rather than my own...I have had to learn this one many times over. I am a planner and there have been several times in my life when I could not see the next step ahead. It's in those times I have learned to just wait on God to move me or shine the light on the next step to take. I am on a dimly lit path right now waiting for God to move that light to where I need to step...hopefully I have learned to wait in faith and will not try to run ahead on my own.
2. If I had that money fall in my lap, I would pay off the rest of our debt, tithe to bless where God led, and put some away.
3. I had a pet rooster for awhile that would come up to the kitchen door and peck (knock on the door) and beg for corn flakes. His name was Chester Cornelius :)
4. We usually start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving ( I have a rule about completing one holiday before moving to the next, and yes, department stores drive me crazy with this). I put up multiple trees with different themes, but we always put a live tree in our living room. We usually put it up later, so the needles stay nice.
5. My favorite Magazines are Mary Jane's Farm, Real Simple, and Country Sampler. I love to read about people and decorating and simple recipes and cleaning solutions :)
Well have a wonderful rest of your week, stop back soon!
If you want to sit on other porches for the chat go here.