Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Night My Prayers Couldn't Get Past the Ceiling...

The other night, I was feeling the weight of all the "stuff" that has been overwhelming me lately. . . I tried to pray, it's just the thoughts and distractions were definitely winning. . . . So I went to the deck to have a pity party for myself.

It was a comfortable night, the air was fresh and I found myself stretching out on my prized hammock. . .I tried again . . ."God?. . . Father?. . .are you there?. . . of course I know that you are, it's just I can't feel you right now". . . . . I lay there listening to the sound of the late summer bugs, and feel the breeze blow across my face, I try to breathe it in, trying to clear the thoughts, the worries from my mind. . .

Again I try, " Father God, please take these burdens from me. . .your word says to be anxious for nothing and yet lately I am anxious for MANY things!". . . .The sound of the insects nighttime songs catches my attention. I open my eyes to see one lone star shinning brightly. . .

"Wow! first star in my view tonight, how beautiful". . .then I see another, then another, then soon the sky seems to be silently exploding with beautiful twinkling lights. . . .The sky turns from a beautiful dark blue to an infinite black canvas for the thousands of shinning stars I now seemed to be surrounded by . . . . the symphony of music coming from the chirping insects is getting louder. . . .Music that I had been listening to on KLOVE earlier in the day floods back into my heart and mind. . . .

"Lord, you have given me a love for music and it speaks to my soul, thank you . . . it seems you have been preparing a play list of songs that I would need to recall at this very moment!". . . .Lyrics from songs I had been humming along to, rushed into my mind. . . . .

"All of creation, sing with me now, lift up your voice and lay your burden down,
 All of creation sing with me now, fill up the heavens let his glory resound"...I was definitely in the midst of creation praising it's creator!

I now feel so close to the sea of stars, I think if I reach up, I could touch them!. . . .another song begins to play in my mind. . . .

"You light, light, light up the sky
You light up the sky to show me that you are with me
And I, I, I can't deny
No I can't deny that you and right here with me
You've opened my eyes
So I can see you all around me
You light, light, light up the sky
You light up the sky to show me that you are with me "

I feel so overwhelmed! But not in the same way I did when I first went out on that deck,. . . now I felt overwhelmed with the presence of my Heavenly Father!

All of creation at that moment pointed me to the infinite presence of
God, sometimes when we don't feel him there, we need to quietly seek him and wait. . .He will not only meet you where you are, he will reach down and lift you right up into the palm of his hand and cradle you in his limitless love.



I encourage you to look up the lyrics to these two wonderful songs:
"All of Creation"- Mercy Me
"Light up the Sky"- Afters

No comments: