Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Farmboys

   This is my Main Farmboy :)...I met Dave when I was just 7 years old, we went to the same church growing up until I was around 13. We ended up being in a youth group together again when I was turning 16, and I just fell for this farmboy with kind eyes and awesome tan biceps ;) I spent many summer days riding a tractor with him while he put up hay on his family's farm. I was a city girl that fell in love not just with this cute country boy, but also with the quiet beauty of the country lifestyle. We made lots of plans while dating for 3 1/2 yrs. before we got married. Plans of farming and raising a family rooted in our faith in God.
   So ... here we are now 19 years later living on faith, and raising our three boys on our own piece of quiet country ground ... and I still love our tractor rides ;)




   This is our oldest "Farmboy" Cody. He is 17 and graduating this year and headed to college...where has the time gone? We are so proud of him, he is a leader with a strong love for the Lord and a great sense of humor. He has many talents, but loves to play the guitar the most, I love to hear him playing one of his original songs. ( He also can sing, but don't tell him you heard it from me) He along with his brother and his friends have a band and write their own songs. Like his dad, he is a hard worker, and I can count on him for anything ... he is such a blessing.




   Collin is our second "farmboy". He is 15 and loves the outdoors...hunting, fishing, trapping, if it's outside, he's doing it. Collin also has many gifts, but the one he is growing in the most right now, is playing the drums...oh how I love to hear my boys play together! Music can touch me in a way like nothing else, and when it comes from my children ... wel l... that's the best thing I can hear! Collin also loves God, and He has given Collin such a loyal heart. He is kind and thinks of others first, even when it means giving up something he wants. This trait comes from his dad who has been an example of serving others. He too, is such a blessing.




   This is our youngest "farmboy" Colton. He is 11 yrs. old. Colt has a gentle quiet spirit that makes animals love him. Oh he has plenty of rough, rugged farmboy in him, but he is easy to be around and takes time to appreciate the small wonders. Horses are his favorite, especially our white mare that was a rescue we adopted two years ago. Colton also loves the Lord and can tell you many stories from the Bible. He also has a giving spirit and likes to give money to missions and is willing to share what he has with others. He, like his brothers, is a big help to his dad and me. Colton enjoys learning about hunting and playing guitar from his brothers, and will soon be adding to that wonderful music that fills the house. We are so blessed!




So ... these are my farmboys, and I thank God that he surrounded me with these fabulous guys. I always feel protected and cared for .... Life is sooo good!
   Thanks for allowing me to gush about my guys :)


Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I love your Farm Family!:)

Farmgirl Cyn said...

What a tremendous blessing to know your children are on the right path...the narrow way.