Well, things have been busy as usual around here. I had wanted to post this weekend about the snow we had on Saturday, but it was a very crazy weekend.
We went to bed Friday night thinking we would get some flurries like the weather man said, but we got a little more than that! I absolutely LOVE fall, but when I woke up Saturday morning I was so surprised! I felt like a little kid! Everything was covered in a heavy blanket of white! ( I know I'm weird, I like snow...I'm not ready for winter yet though) Below are a few shots I took before our crazy day started....
....Oh, and I'm joining the Chats on the Farmhouse Porch again with "Everyday Ruralty". Don't forget to pull up a seat and join in the chat in the comments section. The snow is gone and today is a beautiful sunny fall day :)
Farmhouse Porch Questions:
- Alison asks: What's the biggest obstacle you've overcome or need to?
- Julia asks: If you won $100,000 what changes would you make?
- McGuffy Ann asks: What's the most unusual pet you've had?
- When do you start decorating for Christmas?
- What's your favorite type of magazine to read?
1. Learning to trust in God's plan rather than my own...I have had to learn this one many times over. I am a planner and there have been several times in my life when I could not see the next step ahead. It's in those times I have learned to just wait on God to move me or shine the light on the next step to take. I am on a dimly lit path right now waiting for God to move that light to where I need to step...hopefully I have learned to wait in faith and will not try to run ahead on my own.
2. If I had that money fall in my lap, I would pay off the rest of our debt, tithe to bless where God led, and put some away.
3. I had a pet rooster for awhile that would come up to the kitchen door and peck (knock on the door) and beg for corn flakes. His name was Chester Cornelius :)
4. We usually start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving ( I have a rule about completing one holiday before moving to the next, and yes, department stores drive me crazy with this). I put up multiple trees with different themes, but we always put a live tree in our living room. We usually put it up later, so the needles stay nice.
5. My favorite Magazines are Mary Jane's Farm, Real Simple, and Country Sampler. I love to read about people and decorating and simple recipes and cleaning solutions :)
Well have a wonderful rest of your week, stop back soon!
If you want to sit on other porches for the chat go here.